Good morning, dear readers! How is everyone’s day going so far? I wanted to share that I’ve been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award for the third time! When I first started blogging I was amazed at how supportive and awesome this community is and I never imaged I would be nominated for so many awards myself.
I want to give a huge thank you to Nima Roy for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award. If you aren’t already following her, you should go check out her blog where she posts a lot of original writing and inspirational messages!
Onto the award: (ps- you can view my original answers here)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select (15) other bloggers for this award
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and link to the post you created.
How I Started
I started this blog in November 2016 after many many failed attempts at starting a blog in the past. I’ve always loved writing and recently got into social media and internet content creation, so a blog is the perfect combination. I’ve always wanted to have a blog where I can write about whatever I want and not have to follow any strict guidelines on format or content.
I tried starting probably three other blogs before this one, and I would write a few posts and then forget about it. They never even got published for the world to see. I really wanted this blog to be different, so I decided to just write and publish immediately and work on fine tuning afterwards. I started doing Blogmas in Decemeber which involved blogging every day of the month. That really gave me the push I needed to stick with the blog. Once I started seeing the numbers add up, it gave me the motivation to keep going and here I am, nearly 6 months later.
- Don’t expect views and follows right off the bat. And don’t let that discourage you. I’ve been blogging for nearly 6-months and I’m only at about 65 followers and around 1200 page views per month. You will see people who have been blogging for two weeks and have thousands of views already. But I’ve realized it’s not all about the numbers. I’m happy that I have a handful of dedicated readers who engage with me and my blog regularly. And I’m truly happy just creating the content that I love. If at least one person lets me know that my post was really helpful or inspiring, I’ve accomplished what I wanted to do.
- Don’t wait around for something blog-worthy to happen. You have to go and seek it out and make it happen. That was one of the big mistakes I made with my other failed blogs. If you have a recipe blog, don’t just wait until you decide to make something cool for dinner. Actively try a new recipe every day and document it until you find something worth writing about on your blog. If you’re writing a travel blog, you may not be traveling each and every day, but you can write about tips or past experiences or whatever it may be. The point is you need to actively plan out your posts, not just wait for something to happen.
ELK at Brightlite
Makalya at Beautiful, Gracious, and Good
Mrs. S at Mrs. S LDN
Megan Joy at Simply Megan Joy
…and anyone else who wants to receive this award!
Thanks for reading!