Happy Friday, lovely people! It’s time for another Friday DIY, and this week I will be showing you how to make your own no sew throw pillows!
I’ve made these pillows a bunch of times before, and they are so easy. It’s a really quick and cheap way to add customization to any room of your home.
You will need:
- Pillow form (I chose 16×16″)
- Fabric of your choice (about half a yard per 16″ pillow)
- Hot glue gun
- Fabric shears
- Fold the material in half, long ways. The fold should be on the top.
- Next we need to measure out the fabric and cut it to the right size. Mine was simple because I just needed to cut my 1-yard piece of fabric in half, to make two 1/2-yard pieces — one for each pillow. If you are not using 16×16″ pillows or do not have exactly 1 yard of fabric, a good rule of thumb is to allow 1 extra inch per side of the fabric. So for example if your pillow is 20×20″ you need to have a piece of material that is 22″ wide by 22″ long. (And is folded in half long ways.)
- Once you have the fabric measured out, flip it inside out. This is very important, don’t forget this step!
- Now with the hot glue gun, you are going to glue both sides shut, starting from the top fold. You don’t want to glue the bottom just yet. Make sure you are applying the glue to the printed side of the fabric. You want to glue about 1/3 inch in from the edge. And only glue a couple inches at a time and then press it down. The glue can get really hot between the fabric so you may want to have a butter knife or spatula handy to press down the glue.
- Once finished, allow the glue to dry for a few minutes. Then flip the fabric right side out.
- Stuff the pillow form inside your pillow case gently.
- This is the tricky part: now we are going to glue the bottom seam together from the outside. In order to make the seam look nice and complete, you have to fold both sides over and glue them together like so:If it’s difficult to keep the fabric folded down, I find it’s helpful to put a tiny bit of glue down to help it stick to itself.
- Once your pillow is glued in, you are all done!
Have you made these easy no sew pillows before or do you plan to make them now? Let me know your opinions in the comments section! See you later!
LET’S BE FRIENDS:
This post contains affiliate links. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you!) if you decide to purchase any products through the links provided. Don’t worry, I only link to reputable websites with products I know and love! Thank you for supporting my blogging dreams!