Good afternoon everyone! Another Friday has rolled around once again, and I have a scrumptious recipe to share with you today! I’ve had this recipe saved on my computer for probably over a month, and I’ve had the ingredients in my pantry for just about that long too! Needless to say, I’m very excited for these coconut macaroon brownies!
First of all, I LOVE coconut macaroons, so when I saw this recipe online, I knew I had to make them. The original recipe can be found here on Allrecipes. The original recipe made brownies from scratch, and kudos to you if you can/want to do that, but I just used a box mix. Saves a ton of time and effort!
- 1 box brownie mix (+ ingredients it calls for)
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 14-oz bag flaked coconut (Note: the original recipe calls for 4 cups of coconut which is more than double what I used. One 14-oz bag was more than enough for my brownies!)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 9X13″ baking pan.
- Prepare brownies as instructed on the box.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, coconut and vanilla.
- In the greased pan, spread half of the brownie mix evenly on the bottom.
- Carefully spread all the coconut mixture on top of the brownie layer, spreading evenly to all the edges. It’s a bit hard to get in even without disrupting the brownie batter, but I believe in you!
- Top with the remaining brownie mix.
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until firm on the top, and a tooth pick comes out clean.
And that’s all there is to it! It’s a delectable sandwich of sweet and flaky coconut between two layers of ooey gooey chocolate brownie. To die for! Thanks for reading, lovelies!
Edit: sorry for the weird lighting of some of the later pictures; a thunderstorm started halfway through making these! More pics will be posted soon!