Well hello there everyone! It’s the end of May (already?!) and I wanted to share with you some of the things I’ve accomplished this month instead of the typical favorites post. I felt like those posts were getting a bit stale for me, since I don’t typically buy too many new products each month.
I’ve seen a lot of other bloggers do goal posts and then wrap-ups at the end of the month showing what they were able to accomplish. While I didn’t get around to posting my goals at the beginning of May, I thought I’d still share with you what I accomplished, because it was a pretty big month for me!
- Gym membership: As you probably figured out from the title, I got a gym membership! It has been the first concrete step I’ve taken in a while towards leading a fitter life and losing a little weight. While I haven’t been going every day, I am really proud of myself for this! And it makes me feel a little bit like a real adult. It’s obviously so important to me that I made it the title!
- New job: One of my coworkers will be leaving in July and I’ve been offered her position! I’ve already started some of my training and I’m really liking it so far. I think it will be a really positive change for me! Plus I will be able to have more regular hours and spend more time with friends/family!
- Decluttered + donated a ton of stuff: Ever since I moved (nearly a year ago, embarrassingly enough) I’ve vowed to declutter my stuff and get rid of the junk I’ve been hauling around for no reason. I’m happy to say I’ve worked on that goal a lot this month! I cleaned out my closet and donated a ton of old clothes that no longer fit me or made me happy to wear. Donating and decluttering? It’s a win win!
- Keeping my plants alive: This one is only half true by the time I’m actually publishing this post. I got a lot of plants for my patio and I was really proud of how well I was keeping them alive so far! The only one that has died so far is my lavender plant, and I’m not sure why! It was blooming and doing really well, and then all the sudden just started wilting and died within a few days. But besides that, I’m developing my green thumb.
- 100 followers: This is of course the biggie for this month, and I couldn’t be more thrilled! It’s validation for all my hard work and it motivates me to continue blogging and posting about things I care about!
- 6 months blogging: The beginning of May marked 6 months of active blogging for me! I’m so proud of myself for sticking with it this long and growing my blog to where it is now. I’ve started so many blogs in the past that never made it past a few weeks, so this is a huge accomplishment!
- 2k page views: This was one of my main blog goals for the month of May and I’m so happy that I’ve already reached it before the month is even up! My views are rising exponentially, so I’m very excited to see where my blog will go from here!
- Keeping up with posting schedule: When I started my posting schedule I was skeptical that I would be able to stick with it for very long with life getting in the way all the time. But I’m incredibly proud to say that I haven’t missed a single posting day since I started at the beginning of May.
Some goals for June:
- 2500 page views: I think it’s very doable, considering I only had about 1200 page views for April.
- Lose 3 pounds: a more realistic expectation than I had for last month, especially now that I have a gym membership.
- Budget: Keep track of what I’m spending better and stop splurging on non-essentials.
- Get more sleep: pretty self explanatory, but especially now that I have to be at work at 7!
- Declutter: continue working towards living a clutter-free life!
What are some of your goals for June?
LET’S BE FRIENDS: