Sometimes you’re graced with a night all to yourself to relax and unwind. When these magical nights happen, I like to take advantage of them and really relax and enjoy myself. I usually like to have an early bedtime on these nights, because it just feels right. Read on for my favorite ways to wind down at night!
1) Turn on string lights. Turn off the harsh over head lights and opt for string lights or a small lamp for mood lighting instead.
2) Light a candle. It smells so good and the flickering light is so cozy.
3) Take a steaming hot shower or bubble bath. This is pretty self explanatory, but it’s very relaxing to feel squeaky clean!
4) Put on my comfy silk robe. There’s nothing better than feeling comfy and warm right after a nice hot shower.
5) Drink a cup of herbal tea. The tea helps me relax and go to sleep, plus it has amazing health benefits.
6) Lay in bed with fuzzy blankets. This is an obvious requirement of winding down for bed. You can never have too many blankets!
7) Journal or read. Or really any activity that doesn’t involve a screen. It’s been proven that the light from screens prevents us from sleeping well, so it’s best to turn everything off at least an hour before bed.
And those are my favorite things to do to unwind at night! What are your favorites? Let me know in the comments down below!