I don’t know about you all, but I am definitely a snacker. It can be a really unhealthy habit if you’re consuming chips, candy, and other junk food a few times every day. Whether you’re looking for a healthy desk snack or something to pack in a lunch box for the upcoming school season, these healthy snacks will curb your hunger without adding extra junk to your body.
1. Fresh Fruit: This is something super easy to prep before hand for a healthy snack all week long. If you’re feeling ambitious you can cut up some different varieties like strawberries, pineapple, mangos, pears, etc. Or use fruits that don’t require much prep like blueberries, grapes, or bananas. Throw it all into a baggie and you’re all set for a quick snack that comes with a sugar boost.
2. Cheese and Crackers: This has been my favorite go-to snack lately. I am definitely a salty snacker, and cheese is my favorite food on this earth. As long as you don’t go overboard with the portion size (I usually eat 3 crackers + cheese slices), this is a nice little protein-filled snack that gives you salty and crunchy without eating half a bag of chips. I like to use triscuits and pre-sliced cheese cuts for minimal prep.
3. Crunchy Veggies: This can be anything like carrot sticks, green/red pepper slices, snap peas, cucumbers, celery, mini tomatoes, etc. You can also use ranch or hummus as a dip. Many of these veggies have little or no calories but are very filling, so it’s a win win. One of the best parts is they will keep in the fridge for days even after being cut, so they can be prepped ahead for the week.
4. Frozen Yogurt Bites: These are super yummy if you’re craving a chilly snack like ice cream. I like to use a dairy-free yogurt and sometimes add fresh fruit or granola into it. All you do is put bite-size yogurt drops on a sheet pan and freeze for 1-2 hours. Once they’re solid they can be popped into a baggie and frozen for basically forever. They’re really convenient if you love yogurt but don’t like the hassle of having to eat it out of a cup.
5. Homemade Trail Mix: This is a fun one because you can use any combination of things that you like! Hate raisins like me? Leave them out! My favorite things to use are almonds, sunflower seeds, banana chips, craisins, mini chocolate chips, granola clusters, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, and anything else you can imagine! This is super easy to make ahead in a large batch and store to use when needed. Plus, there’s no refrigeration required so it’s a great snack for on the go.
What are some of your favorite healthy snacks? Let me know in the comments!