Can you believe it’s already nearly June? How are you all feeling halfway through the year? In case you’re feeling like you need a little happiness and/or healthiness boost, I’ve come up with a 30-day challenge to try this month.
To participate in this challenge, you’ll do one thing each day of June. You don’t necessarily need to do them in order, just make one task fit in with your schedule each day of the month. Some tasks will be quick and easy, some will require a little more time or planning. Join me with the challenge this month to treat yourself in a healthy way!
- Focus on breathing for 5 minutes. Try my favorite free app for meditation, Calm.
- Switch coffee for green tea.
- Make a fresh fruit smoothie.
- Journal 10 things you are grateful for.
- Go somewhere you’ve never been — a park, a new restaurant, a street in your neighborhood.
- Drink an ice cold glass of water first thing when you wake up.
- Turn off all electronics at least an hour before bed.
- Treat yourself to a new outfit — bonus points if it’s workout gear!
- Plan a vacation (even if it’s just a dream for now!)
- Drink a gallon of water today.
- Visit a farmer’s market and get some fresh local produce.
- Take a class — whether it be art, finance, or yoga. (Online counts, but why not take an in-person class and meet some new people who might be interested in the same things you are!)
- Take a few minutes in the morning to stretch before you do anything else.
- Create a mantra for yourself and repeat it throughout the day.
- Try a new fruit or veggie.
- Start taking a daily multi-vitamin.
- Strike up a conversation with a stranger.
- Go for a walk! At least 20 minutes.
- Follow along with an online workout video, whether it’s Zumba or pilates. Check out my fave yoga YouTube channel, Boho Beautiful.
- Eat completely clean today. Don’t eat anything that comes with an ingredients label. (Fresh fruits, veggies, lean meats, whole grains, etc.) No added sugars, no processed foods!
- Start reading a new book. Don’t have time? An audio book during your daily commute or during meal-prep is an awesome time saver!
- Bring a new plant into your home for some greenery. Check out my Trendy Plant Guide for some inspiration!
- Call someone you haven’t talked to in a while. (YES- actually call them!)
- Find an awesome positive quote and post it by your bathroom mirror as a daily reminder.
- Watch a documentary on something you’re interested in. There are a TON on Netflix, everything from fast food to fast fashion.
- Get a manicure or pedicure or facial.
- Create a vision board/inspiration board. Either physical poster or on Pinterest. Fill it up with things that inspire you or show what you want out of your life.
- Don’t complain or say anything negative all day.
- Have a solo dance party to your favorite songs.
- Get all dressed up, you finished the challenge! (even if you have nowhere to go!)
If you’re interested in following along, feel free to post on Instagram with #happyhealthychallenge to share how the challenge is going for you. Or comment down below!
PS- If you guys like this monthly challenge, I’m considering doing one happy & healthy challenge each month! Let me know your thoughts!
LET’S BE FRIENDS: